I woke up this morning, made breakfast, washed the dishes, bathed the kids, did a few loads of laundry, and took a shower.
My husband woke up this morning, put on his robe, and went to the bathroom.
I made some homemade macaroni and cheese, pre-cooked the corn on the cob, packed up the food, some toys, blankets, extra clothes, and loaded up the car.
My husband made it up the stairs.
After going to church, we spent the rest of the day at our local park where:
1. The women were tending to the children on the playground, breaking up arguments between siblings and changing droopy diapers
2. The men were standing around large pits of fire scratching themselves while cooking chunks of meat they had foraged at their local Costco
3. The women were chasing toddlers hell bent on becoming road kill
4. The men were sitting around large pits of fire scratching themselves while chunks of Costco meat were burning
5. The women stood around in small groups balancing the budget and developing comprehensive strategies for world peace while wiping snotty noses, enforcing the consistent and liberal use of Please and Thank You, and exchanging recipes for organic dishes guaranteed to increase fine motor skills and prevent gastrointestinal distress.
6. The men were scratching themselves
I don’t know about you, but to me it felt like Wednesday.
*Happy Father’s Day to the love of my life, who also happens to be an amazing dad to our two boys.
And for the record, his sausage, as usual, was perfect. Ahem.*
3 Replies to “Happy Father’s Day?”
LOVE THIS!!! So true. And while I would say, “HEY, It’s Fathers Day they get a special break”. This is EXACTLY howMothers Day played out. You know, that holiday where WE are supposed to get a break? Love our men!
ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha…
Great post…gave me quite a few chuckles.